Back to Departments




Frequently Asked Questions

All of the answers to these questions can be found on the School Department’s Website at  Below is brief information regarding these questions.

How do I enroll my child?
You need to contact the school that you are assigned to based on your address.  The secretary can assist you in getting the application packet out to you and answering any questions.  If you do not know which school your child will attend, please call the administration offices at 781-794-8476.

How do I find out about transportation for my child?
You can contact the Transportation Department at 781-380-0728.  The bus stop listing is located on our website.  There are also alternate bus routes for snow purposes listed.  The Braintree Forum publishes the bus stop listing 2 weeks prior to the start of school.

Where can I get a school calendar?
There is a yearly calendar that is published in the school newsletters from each school and on our school website.  Please refer to the website for the most current school year calendar.

How do I contact the Special Services Department?
The Director of the Special Services Department is Jeffrey Rubin.  He can be reached at 781-848-4000 x7620.

How can I find out information regarding transportation and athletic fees?
Transportation fee and Athletic fee letters are mailed out to current students and their families during the summer months prior to the start of school which outlines the fees.  Questions and/or payments can be addressed at the Business Office in the Administration building at 781-794-8485.

How can I get a schedule of upcoming athletic events?
You can contact the Athletic Department at 781-848-4000, go onto our website at and go onto the BHS Athletics link.

How can I get an updated schedule of events for my school?
Your child will have a monthly newsletter that will outline upcoming events for the month or you could go onto the Braintree Public Schools website at and under schools you can link to your home school.

How do I apply for Free and Reduced Lunches?
Requests to apply for Free and Reduced lunches are made directly through Megan Ahrenholz, Food Services Coordinator for the Braintree Public Schools. Please contact Ms. Ahrenholz at  The forms are also available on the school’s website.

Where can I get information about the Homework Policy?
The Homework Policy is broken down by Elementary School, Middle School and High School.  The full policy can be found on the website.

How can I get information about the curriculum?
Go to the Braintree Public Schools website at and link onto Curriculum and Instruction.

How can I get information about Continuing Education evening classes
Brochures are mailed out at the start of the school year from the Director of Continuing Education.   You can also  access this information via our website at and link onto Adult Education.

Forms/Documents Available online:
The following forms /documents are available on our website for downloading:

  • 5 Year Strategic Plan
  • School Year Calendar
  • Alternate Bus Routes
  • Homework Policy
  • Beliefs/Mission Statements
  • Free and Reduced Lunch Applications
  • NCLB Report Cards
  • Student Health Forms